This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media
Developing a New Rear Strut Brace!
I ve asked a mate (who is a proffessional) to design and fabricate a rear strut brace.

Its curently on test phase, you can see the prototype on the pics.

[Immagine: P1010031a.JPG]
[Immagine: P1010030a.JPG]
[Immagine: P1010022a.JPG]
[Immagine: P1010023a.JPG]
[Immagine: P1010029a.JPG]

Its developed on a Mk1. Would it fit a Mk2 bolt on?

What are ypur comments on the colors and of course pricing this item.

Thank you in advance,
A.
  Cita messaggio
i think it will fit to a mk2. same frame, just a pair of notes:

- the colour is not so important, you can do it in the 3 standard (white, red, black)
- the weight is really important cause the steel cage looks to be very heavy
- the price should be less than 150 euros oherwhise it's not a "easy and cheap mod"
- try to find out what happens on a side impact. the strut brace brings forces to he other side, incrasing the frame damage.

why don't you sell it whit the inferior brace that doesn't exist on earlier mk1? in a complete kit the "goodnees" is much better
  Cita messaggio
Due to the rear mx5 structure I don't think that a rear strut bar would be really useful..the area between the rear upper mounts seems to be already solid..
From another point of view, after the installation of the bar, you won't be able to fit the spare wheel in its original position..
So I would consider to buy the rear strut bar only after all of the remaining stiffering works (front upper and lower, rear lower and rear cabin, rails, wings arms...) have been done!
Cheers!
  Cita messaggio
Doppiaeffe Ha scritto:- the weight is really important cause the steel cage looks to be very heavy

Cuscos have the same steel cage
La ND non esiste.
  Cita messaggio
Thank you all for the comments. I will answer each one alone.

The rear brace is the one its harder to find in the market.

As many of you have seen the Cusco, Carbing and Beatrush ones are rare and the new ones go for crazy money. (170 euros + shipping)

We wanted to offer a more easy to aquire solution.

Pricing is a pain in the @ss, I wish 150 euros was possible.

What are the costs? Shipping alone to Italy is 40 euros. Paypal fees are another 6-10 euros and there is packaging as well.

About the spare wheel, we are making a relocation kit to include in the sale.

We are also thinking of making the bra "split adjustable type". It would cost more, but it could be split in half and the postage would be much less!

Rear lower brace is also under development and we are thinking of a package deal.
http://www.jdmbits.com/2012/06/coming-so...strut.html

[Immagine: P1010036a.JPG]
[Immagine: P1010038a.JPG]
  Cita messaggio
-the towers structure could be lighter (enlarge the holes. the bends and the welding gives the small structure enought stenght)
-with this design adjust rear damping could be difficult.
-check the compability with extended tophats.

2 personal ideas about this:
-rear strut brace isn't an upgrade so diffused, it could be difficult to cover costs.
- who install rear strut brace haven't the spare wheel^^
Feature: Spaghetti-Garage

Linhbergh Nguyen Ha scritto:When you drive these Miatas --be it a slammed rice mobile, or fast-on-the-track-handling-monster -- it puts a giant smile on your face. And at the end of the day, it is real hard to remove that smile.
  Cita messaggio
nmwisima Ha scritto:T

Rear lower brace is also under development and we are thinking of a package deal.
http://www.jdmbits.com/2012/06/coming-so...strut.html

[Immagine: P1010036a.JPG]
[Immagine: P1010038a.JPG]

Is this rear lower brace suitable for early NA?
'92 NAClassicRed

Cita messaggio
Thank you Clarence.

Tigo, yes, it is exactly made for early NA.

A.
  Cita messaggio