This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media
Endless Top Down
Ciao Ragazzi!

together with my fiancee Evelyn we made a plan of quite a long road trip around the Europe in our "kept-with-lots-of-love" 1.8 NBFL 2002.

The road trip is panned for 11 months, but this is not a continuous vacation (unfortunately). We split it into six stages. Each stage will take from 7 to 10 days, so in practice it means about 30 holiday days off the work. After each stage we make a break and go back to Poland by plane, hoping to find some cheap flights. But our Miata always stays at the place where the stage ends.

First we started from Warsaw and driving through Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland and Austria we reached Italy (the north part). Then we headed towards the east, to Slovenia and Croatia. Second stage was a trip from Croatia to Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, and Greece. At the third stage we plan to go back to Italy again. This time to the south part, probably to Puglia and Sicily. Fourth stage: southern France, Spain, Portugal and Gibraltar. Fifth stage: northern France, UK, Wales and Ireland. At sixth stage we'll finally go back to Poland, passing Belgium, Netherlands and northern part of Germany. If anyone like to know more details, please visit our jurney log at http://www.mx5klubpolska.pl/forum/viewto...19&t=27369 (it's all in polish, but hey - what's Google Translate for?).

Currently we are between stages 2 and 3. That means our Miata is now in Greece and we're comming back to collect it on October 12, when the Stage 3 will begin. We will drive to Italy and take another flight back to Poland. Of course we want to leave our Miata, again, so we're looking for a garage to rent in Bari. We'd like to rent it for a month or two. We should leave the car there before 1:00 pm on October 20 (the plane departs at 4:25 pm).

And now, the question to you, guys: what would be the best place to park in Bari? Please, advice. We're looking for a safe public garage or a private one - maybe in some house or underground parking in some housing estate or something... Or maybe one of You have some garage to rent? The closest to airport the better.

We have already found a garage in Split before, for the Stage 1 of the trip and another one in Greece for the Stage 2. MX-5 owners from Croatian and Greek MX-5 clubs helped us a lot (I mean, a lot! Big thanks to them!). So, we hope maybe you could also give us some hints. The worst thing is that we don't know Italian language well so it's not very easy to for us to search announcements over the Internet. And obviously you know better how to look for and where to find Smile

We will be grateful for any help.

Regards,
Evelyn & Nickesh

Cita messaggio
Have you planned some days in Miataland?!
  Cita messaggio
Hi, I've wrote an e-mail to Miataland in Summer but got no response since then. Maybe they didn't receive it. Can I contact them via your forum?
  Cita messaggio
Ehi Nickesh! Great project! I’m sorry I don’t know how to help you in Bari, but I hope you’ll find someone that can take care of yor car! About miataland maybe you can try to contact them via Facebook or instagram, it seems to me that they’re very active on social media...
Ciao,
Andrea.
ND sport Soul Red

"Simplify, then add lightness" [C. Chapman]
  Cita messaggio
Thanks, Andrea, I will try FB then.

Don't you have any local announcements, websites or something? I found some offers on https://property-italy.immobiliare.it, but none was near the airport.
  Cita messaggio
https://www.parkingo.com/it/parcheggio-a...ari-palese

bari@parkingo.com

covered parking, 200mts from the aiport, video surveillance, valet service. don't know if it could be a problem, but it looks lile you'll have to leave the keys at the parking. i don't know the place personally (been to Bari only once, but on a cruise Big Grin), just searched on the net so i advice you to mail them for further informations.

(also searched on real estate websites for private garages for rent, but found nothing near the airport so far)

[the crapness of my english is because i have the automatic corrector set to italian, not because i'm just rubbish  Angel ]
  Cita messaggio
(02-10-2018, 17:41)nickesh Ha scritto: Hi, I've wrote an e-mail to Miataland in Summer but got no response since then. Maybe they didn't receive it. Can I contact them via your forum?

Try to send him a message on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/miataland/

Let me know if it works!
  Cita messaggio
Hi!
Very interesting trip Wink
Unfortunately I can't directly help you regarding the parking in Bari (I live in northen Italy) but, I can help you searching with translations or contacting some public garages (in italian) in Bari Smile

Ciao!
Driving an mx5 it's not about miles per gallon, but Smiles per gallon
MX-5 NA 1.8 - Road&Track
  Cita messaggio
Very nice trip and thanks for sharing it!
Tommaso Pagani - MX5 NBFL Sport 2004 1.8 "Tappa Nanetta": Tein S-Tech+ammo ritarati by Cappelli Milano - Air Filter K&N+CAI IL Motorsport+Terminale IL Motorsport - Kenauto Door Bushings+TR Lane Harness Bar+Hardtop brackets - Front rubber lip Samurai+Red Front Hook & Benen rear hook
  Cita messaggio
@"MMx", thanks for the tip about parkingo.com. That will be my "plan B".

But I also found this private announcement: https://property-italy.immobiliare.it/66...-Bari.html
I wrote a message, using the contact form on the website, but none responded since last month.
I tried do to call the agency (phone number is on announcement) but none in that company speaks English and they just hang up the phone when I ask if somebody does.

So, @"Number34" , I'm very happy you offered a help. I would really appreciate if you call them in my name end explain, that I just need to contact the owner directly (phone, e-mail, WhatsApp, Viber - anything). Then I can handle the rest by myself. Would you, please?
  Cita messaggio

Utenti che stanno guardando questa discussione: 1 Ospite(i)