This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media
Q: idle problem
Hi to everyone

will try my luck in this forum Wink

so, problem of my nbfl,. 1.6 is bad idle on cold engine, i have trouble code p0420, and i think i have power los, because my mx5 hardly can spin the wheels..
just noticed that my engine light gone from cluster, seller fault hopefully.. had leaking rad houses, replaced them, now i have leaking rad cap, will try to replace today after work..already replaced o2 rear sensor with bosch one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFTgII0Tmsk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7x_4vKeGbQ

made few videos with my rpm on cold engine, as you can see rpm's falling from approx 1krpm to .500krpm

do you have any ideas?? because i'am desperate for now..
  Cita messaggio
hi and welcome! Just a quick search on google and your fault code seems to be related to the O2 sensor or the catalytic converter, or maybe an exhaust leak, try searching for a leak in your exhaust system pre-cat maybe that's the problem
  Cita messaggio
but do this obd code can influence bad idle?
  Cita messaggio
yes it can cause bad idle problems
  Cita messaggio
The cat is stock or sport (100 or 200 cells) ?
P0420 mean inefficient catalyst. this error is given by the second o2 sensor.

Slim
"L'UOMO E' UNA RAZZA PROTETTA.........PRO-TETTA! "
" è 6 il numero perfetto non il 3....Il numero perfetto?...Si...ma io ho 6 colpi qua dentro..." (il Buono, il Brutto e il Cattivo)
  Cita messaggio
maybe i connected o2 sensor in a wrong way..
cat is stock i think Smile
  Cita messaggio

Utenti che stanno guardando questa discussione: 1 Ospite(i)