This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media
[NA] P5 Sportdrive Frame Rails VS FM frame rail reinforcement kit
Visto che ora è uscito il concerrente Continentale..

Rinforzi FM
http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?dep ... r=13-69010
montaggio
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4030

Rinforzi P5
http://performance5.com/handling_stiffening.asp
montaggio
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38373

Differenze? Oltre il prezzo, cambia il disegno, punti di ancoraggio, spssore e quindi peso.
Alcuni amici mi han fato notare la diversa soluzione per i tubi.

Se dovessi scegliere, P5  Thumbup
Andrea
Sodalizio Triveneto Miata

NA USA spec 116cv '92 Crystal White
This VIN is for a Mazda Miata car (US Model, 1.6L), model year 1992, made at the Hiroshima plant.
It was the 6850th car made in the 3rd production year.
  Cita messaggio
I P5 mi sembrano un po' troppo "pieni", però penso che siano anche più sottili per equilibrare le cose.
Sicuramente ingegneristicamente parlando, quelli che sfruttano meglio le proprietà a parità di massa sono i FM

Detto questo, preferisco di gran lunga gli afferraggi usati da P5, che sembrano studiati meglio e non "abbozzati"
Alberto
  Cita messaggio
p5 anche per me
NA XXXcv bmc cda + anticipo 14° + rx-7 afm + roll bar + ammo miatacompetition + eibach + bushing + 15" enkey (nankang ns-2) + cammes 115

You know when it's mx5italia.com

mercatino pezzi vari
  Cita messaggio
ma ci sono davvero?
dopo mesi attendo ancora la sua mail di conferma... :roll:

Poi doveva fare anche la farfalla, vero?
MX-5 SOLLEONE NB 1600

Freni Sport, Greenstuff, Torsen 4.1, cambio 6marce, volano F1, pannello K&N, Hard Dog Deuce, scarico "Lagostina", Barra OMP, Temp Rolando, Tokico Illumina tein springs; Next: Rail P5, carbon intake box ILM
EX Boxster 986 2700 OEM
EX X1/9 mkII 1500, 2X DCNF40, coll. Alquati, condotti lucidati, valvole grandi
EX MR2 mkII Rev.4, cerchi 17 Type R RHD
  Cita messaggio
SEmbra che ci siano.. tu aspettavi una mail da Phlil? :haha: :haha:

Manda tu a lui.. chissà cosa starà facendo..
la farfalla sarà fatta in un futur, forse da quanto sapevo io.
Andrea

This VIN is for a Mazda Miata car (US Model, 1.6L), model year 1992, made at the Hiroshima plant.
  Cita messaggio
CJ_ Ha scritto:SEmbra che ci siano.. tu aspettavi una mail da Phlil? :haha: :haha:
Bhe', per sapere se eravamo ancora interessati l'ha mandata :oops: :oops:
MX-5 SOLLEONE NB 1600

Freni Sport, Greenstuff, Torsen 4.1, cambio 6marce, volano F1, pannello K&N, Hard Dog Deuce, scarico "Lagostina", Barra OMP, Temp Rolando, Tokico Illumina tein springs; Next: Rail P5, carbon intake box ILM
EX Boxster 986 2700 OEM
  Cita messaggio
se facciamo il gruppo d'acquisto io ci sto :beerchug:
  Cita messaggio
Sono in offerta lancio gia' scontati, se cerchi sul thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=58 trovi gia' la lista mi pare...
MX-5 SOLLEONE NB 1600

EX Boxster 986 2700 OEM
  Cita messaggio
Da mx5nutz.

Citazione:hese rails are apart of a package, stage 1 of 2, in strengthening the standard car. They have always been developed with this in mind, hence why it's taken so long, as has been said anyone can bend a bit of metal or copy other designs. There's also 96 pieces of stainless steel fixing hardware in the kit as well!

The rails are designed to do 4 things:

1. Restore factory stiffness.
2. Add some stiffness.
3. Provide a solid mounting structure for the cross brace.
4. Something else we're looking at.

There's no point in me 'testing' at this stage with a 10, 20, 30, whatever % claim as that would depend on what state the donor was and what factory braces are already on there! But, I can say that the design/material/fixing is way stronger than the job they need to do.

The astute amongst you will notice a couple of things about the rails. Firstly there's a number of cut-outs in the edge flanges to ensure that it sits as flat as possible to the car (mainly M2.5 models) and the holes in the sides are not there for looks or lightening.

What started this design was seeing how other designs didn't work (IMO). With the FM butterfly section I had a couple of fitting issues around some exhausts, but also the centre section didn't seem to want to fit inside the wings sometimes. Once all the key components were bolted up, the centre section actually buckled on one car! The acid test for me was that if you jacked the butterfly part of the brace, the brace would give rather than lifting the car.

I agree there are different types and methods of bracing the MX-5. However, some braces simply 'don't work' as you're not bracing the right part. I don't believe that welding up the doors would provide any more or any less effect than the rails, but you're still missing one fundamental element.

Those holes in the side of our rails are to provide a solid fixing point for the brace; you'll need to drill through them so you have a hole each side of the factory rail. A square section design will butt up to the rail (no loss of ground clearance other than the rail itself which is ~4mm) and you'll bolt through from the outside to hold it against the inside section of the rail. Once bolted in place, the whole structure will be strong enough to jack the car up, although we're not suggesting it as a jacking point just illustrating it's integration and integrity. The brace will provide structure that will tie one side to the other to prevent twisting, something that the rails/welding door etc cannot do on their own.

Cheers
Phil

:chessygrin:
Andrea

Cita messaggio
Pesano un pelo in più degli americani, saranno disponibili tra 3 o 4 settimane..già ordinati (un gda di 2 miatisti).... Mrgreen
MARVEL

MX5 NB by Finelli Racing & Flyin'Miata parts
Maruha IRTB kit in work
  Cita messaggio