This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media
Ciao da Lettonie!
Hello! I'm Dmitri from Latvia, and I drive an NA 1.8 MX5. I've owned this car since 2012 and made many modifications to it, like individual throttles, Maruha camshafts, coilovers, etc, etc. Smile I've driven it in timed competition for street cars here in Baltics for a couple of years, then adapted it back for road use and continue to enjoy it driving on roads and doing track days. In 2015 I've went for a 5000 km road trip to UK and back in it and it was absolutely brilliant experience! Now I'm slowly planning my 2017 trip. I want to visit Italy this time, and while I was looking for others' experience I've found a couple of years old Dr. Eunos' road trip thread on this very forum, and it proved both inspiring and very helpful. I can't say much about my trip yet as I'm more of gathering information right now, but I'm leaning towards 2 or 3 weeks in September, going to Northern Italy, Tuscany, Umbria. I will certainly have some questions later and you seem a friendly bunch, so hope you could help me with them Smile

Here's a few photos of my trusted car
[Immagine: 1440518976_4896.jpg]

[Immagine: 26141877353_98bba27996_z.jpg]

[Immagine: 26675050283_2e1ed9f6c7_z.jpg]

[Immagine: 27210999281_15567a36fb_z.jpg]
  Cita messaggio
Welcome :primo:
MX5 NC 2.0: filtro K&N; Scarico NAP; assetto TEIN super street e barre antirollio IL Motorsport; 160 cavalli ed un asino alla guida!!!   
  Cita messaggio
welcome, wonderful car Thumbup
  Cita messaggio
Welcomeeee if you come to tuscany send me a PM

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI G700-U10 utilizzando Tapatalk
POI TUTTI TI AMANO:
fracrist Ha scritto:in verità questa squadra di matti comprende gente con le palle quadre e che sta portando avanti progetti arditi e tecnicamente interessanti.

Ad esempio:........
Poi vabbè, abbiamo anche il Polano (ma quello è per truffare la Comunità Europea e avere i fondi per i giovani disagiati).:haha:
  Cita messaggio
Welcome!
Don't forget to bring us some Latvian girls 😍
La ND non esiste.
  Cita messaggio
Fletch Ha scritto:Welcome!
Don't forget to bring us some Latvian girls 😍
You have the polish boy, a nice one too

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI G700-U10 utilizzando Tapatalk
POI TUTTI TI AMANO:
fracrist Ha scritto:in verità questa squadra di matti comprende gente con le palle quadre e che sta portando avanti progetti arditi e tecnicamente interessanti.

Ad esempio:........
Poi vabbè, abbiamo anche il Polano (ma quello è per truffare la Comunità Europea e avere i fondi per i giovani disagiati).:haha:
  Cita messaggio
Welcome, your car is great Wink
  Cita messaggio
Welcome, tell us more about your competition stories...
Estiqaatsi, grande capo!

L'altra Bianchina
Le mie EX:
La Bianchina -  La Ford - La Fiata
  Cita messaggio
Thank you for the warm welcome! Not sure about Latvian girls, they usually aren't too amused by a small old Japanese car that smells of petrol. Or is it just me? Big Grin

As for the competition, it's not much to write home about. There is a fantastic time attack series in Baltics name Fast Lap with stages in each of 3 Baltic countries. Having had good fun doing track days I then wanted a tougher challenge of actual competition and participated in the series for two years. I drove in Street class. It was great fun driving and even more fun preparing the car, making it go faster. I love technical stuff Smile. But then I've reached the point where I had to choose whether to make the car competition only or or be left for dead by track-only cars. And I absolutely love driving my 5 on the roads, so I've removed a big wing, put back audio, carpets and things like that and enjoy twisty roads Smile

Here is how it was a few years ago

[Immagine: 4wws.jpg]

And talking about girls, this is Lithuanian pre-race technical inspection. Or at least that is what my wife is led to believe.

[Immagine: DNvbYH.jpg]

And a pic of engine bay to finish this off

[Immagine: nJdETc.jpg]
  Cita messaggio
moro57 Ha scritto:And talking about girls, this is Lithuanian pre-race technical inspection. Or at least that is what my wife is led to believe.

[Immagine: DNvbYH.jpg]

Oh my gosh.

:notworthy:
La ND non esiste.
  Cita messaggio